Looking for a new Webmaster / Site Operator / Owner

Click Here for details

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Wolf Creek RC ORV Park
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Wolf Creek RC ORV Park

Re: Wolf Creek RC ORV Park 29 May 2013 23:36 #5090

Thanks. Yes, it would be fun to have you guys down. I've thought of doing a CT event for a while & think it's pretty cool that you guys are pulling it off. my thing is always sculpting the course & so many ideas with the CT. I wanted to make a trail & different buildings that represent the host countries.... time and money.

Re: Wolf Creek RC ORV Park 30 May 2013 18:27 #5092

Fire truck looks great! I also like the additions you're adding onto the park, the roof on the tiki bar looks amazing! That hut is making me thirsty for a cold one.... be right back gotta run to the fridge
  • sellenk
  • Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 30 May 2013 18:29 by sellenk.

Re: Wolf Creek RC ORV Park 31 May 2013 09:39 #5097

Thanks.

sellenk wrote:
hut is making me thirsty for a cold one.... be right back gotta run to the fridge

... or stop on by... we have a fine drink menu...

I'm working on a service station/garage & the pump island and awning will be detachable for transport and without that, it will pass as a fire station so hopefully we can set up some cool video with Jeff's fire trucks.

first weekend out, blew a drive shaft in the CR01 & stripped my pinion in the TF2.... I need a wrecker.

You guys have fun this weekend.
Last Edit: 31 May 2013 09:47 by DRW-FJ40.

Re: Wolf Creek RC ORV Park 24 Jun 2013 13:48 #5191

As some of you know, I've always been facinated with the Camel Trophy & the recent VA Scaler CT got me thinking on it again. I have this rough vision of a loop trail that would tie in with the rock garden & would be more show than go. In other words, it wouldn't have the challenge that you guys created but would be a cool scenic detailed scale trail that you could parade a bunch of beautiful CT trucks without beating the daylights out of them (I have other areas for that).

This is part of a trail we've used for years to access a little creek/waterfall behind our house. I cleaned it up this weekend & got the chainsaw down in the creek bed & made it to where you could get through. The bridge spans a little drainage that feeds into the creek & is just the first short leg.

My other idea was to make traditional buildings from some of the host countries. I was in Sulawesi, Indonesia in '89, the year after the CT was held there and worked for a company that had done the reconsisance for the route. This is one of the few slides I've scanned to digital but in the background, you can see one of the tradtional buildings that Toraja is known for which is where the heart of the CT route went through. I want to build one in 10 scale.

Also got some new pics in the rock garden.

Re: Wolf Creek RC ORV Park 27 Jun 2013 21:59 #5193

The park keeps getting better and better, new bridge looks nice. The pic from Indonesia is cool, is that you on the left?
  • sellenk
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: Wolf Creek RC ORV Park 24 Jul 2013 09:26 #5226

sellenk wrote:
The park keeps getting better and better, new bridge looks nice. The pic from Indonesia is cool, is that you on the left?

That's me. 22 years younger. Seems like another lifetime.

Anyway, photo update. Had a small get together, just myself, N00b & sellenk. It was kind of nice not to have a big crowd although you would think I would have been able to shoot some video without people in the background.... need to work on that.

First display of the Autoart 1:10 BMW GS800 diecast. Pricey but nicely detailed bike and as anyone who's sought them out can tell you, 10 scale motorcylces are few and far between.

Can't wait to see that multi-axle finished. that's a beauty. I was really impressed with how well the susspension worked, especially considering this was the maiden run in rocks. The rear wheels articulated & realistically hugged the ground. Stellar build.

N00b's 4Runner was a treat to see as well. He's got some amazing attention to detail. Wish I had gotten some better shots of it. Hopefully video will be forthcoming & I'm counting on Rich & Kurt as my raw footage is looking pretty rough.

Moderators: DRW-FJ40
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds